Now that the days are really beginning to stretch, it really does feel like summer is just around the corner. There nothing like a tasty salad to remind you of this, even if the weather is a bit of a mix bag of late. This lovely light and refreshing salad is a healthy alternate to the typical tuna mayo salad. The lovely moist tuna, along with the crunchy pepper, is nicely balanced by the sweet mango, and feta cheese. This is also great a side dish with dinner, or great for a pot luck or summer BBQ.
Approx. preparation time: 12-15 minutes.
Ingredients – Serves 1
- 60g/2 cup of Spinach,
- 60g/1/4 cup of (no drain) Tuna,
- 1/4 of Red Bell Pepper, sliced,
- 1/4 Orange Bell Pepper,sliced,
- 1 Medium Tomato
- 1/2 ripe Mango, diced,
- 50g Feta Cheese,
- 1/2 Pomegranates,
- 1 Spring Onion, sliced,
- 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar,
- 2 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
- 1/4 teaspoon of Oregano,
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper.
1) Wash the fruit and vegetables. Slice the pepper, tomato, Mango, cheese, spring onion and place in a bowl along with the spinach, tuna.
2) Cut Pomegranate in half and remove seed, set small amount aside and add the rest to the bowl.
3) Mix the Balsamic Vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, with the salt, pepper and Oregano.
4) Simple toss the dressing with the salad mixture and place in bowl, sprinkle the Pomegranate seed that were set aside from earlier. Serve and enjoy.