Popcorn is one those snack that when it done right to lovely, and is so additive! It super easy to burn, 30 seconds too long and you will burn it. The Burnt popcorn really does tasty horrible. I discovered sweet popcorn in London while Fabian was living there. It fast become my favourite cinema snack. However it is nowhere to be found in Irish cinema, for some reason they sell horrible oversalted popcorn. So I’ve been searching the web to discover how to make some myself at home. I was surprised how little there was, there lot of recipes for caramel popcorn but I find it to0 sticky
Ingredients – Serves 2-4
- 3 tablespoons ground nut oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 85g/1/2 cup/3 oz popcorn kernels
- Food dye
- Place the oil, in a large, heavy-duty pan over a medium to high heat. Place 3-4 kernels in the pan.
- Once these pop, the oil is at the right temperature.
- Add the sugar, food dye, and kernel. Place the lid on the pan and shake the pot back and forth until the popping slows. Place a sheet in single layer for few minutes. Serve and enjoy.