So when it come lunch I’m a bit for bread fiend, however lately I’ve been trying to eat less bread, so I’ve been on the looking out for tasty alternative to sandwiches. This salad is one recipe that I came across. It is a nice balance of taste and textures and is easier to prepared and transport. I made few alternations, as I found the dress a bit sweet for my liking.
Ingredients –serves 2
- 2 oranges,
- 2 Little Gem lettuce, leaves separated,
- 1 ripe avocado,
- 1 lemon,
- 140g cooked prawns,
- ¼ small red onion, finely sliced,
- small bunch coriander, leaves picked,
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli dipping sauce,
- Juice 1 lime.
- Stand each orange on a board and cut away the peel and pith with a sharp knife. Cut the oranges into segments.
- Cut the avocado in half, rolling the avocado so you cut around the stone. Twist the two halves to separate. Use a teaspoon to remove the stone from the centre of the avocado. Use a dessert spoon to scoop the whole avocado flesh out from the shell. Chop into large pieces. Drizzle with some lemon juice to prevent the avocado going brown. Finely slice the red onion and chop the coriander.
- Mix the sweet chilli dipping sauce and lime juice together.
- Place all ingredients into bowl, toss them with the dressing. Serve and enjoy